Sunday, January 17, 2010

My adventure in the desert!

Back in 2006, I went to Dubai for a language and cultural emersion program, but I really went to have fun lol. The flat I was living in was in the desert, it was actually pretty relaxing to be outside of the city.



So one day I saw some camels and I wanted to get closer (it didnt look that far). I was warned not to go because it was actually pretty far and I would at least need some water and proper shoes to go. I had jeans, a black shirt and sandals, but I was like "Whatever, I'm tough I can do it" lol. Well, after 30 minutes I still wasn't near the camels and I was getting extremely thirsty and my feet were burning from the hot sand!

I ended up getting back to my flat 2 hours later, red as hell, and drank a gallon of water lol. Since then, Ilearned how serious mother nature is lol.

2 comments:

Baji said...

i love love LOVE the second picture. when i clicked on it to make it bigger it seriously looks like the picture was taken in the 70s. i love how the colors make it seem like an old photo.
and lol i cant believe those camels are so far away...the desert certainly has its optical illusions and mirages!

Zarga said...

Ur right I never thought of that:) That was bc the sun was extremely bright lol.
Well when I took the picture I was already pretty close. I guess I should've taken the pic from where I started lol