Monday, February 08, 2010

The Real Desert- The Sahara!

This was the highlight of my trip to Al Maghreb lol (Morocco)! Going to the Sahara and spending the night there. It was amazing, especially at night time. Baji and I, and a few other adventurous people, decided to sleep on cots outside of the tents, under the beautiful star filled sky:) We spent most of the night talking and counting how many times we saw a shooting star lol. I kept telling Baji, "OMG, I can't believe I can actually see the Milky Way!" but she wasn't as shocked as I was lol, or maybe she didn't know what the hell I was talking about! :D

So here are a few pictures:) The pictures just don't capture the beauty of it ( I had a really crappy camera at the time lol)

The Algerian Border:



The beautiful dunes


Sunset


Sunrise


The very long (and painful lol) camel ride.


High noon on the dunes



ahhh memories...

3 comments:

Baji said...

those were the days!

Texan after UAE said...

beautiful! blog! and beautiful pictures!!! where r u from, sis!? :) :) come visit me.

Zarga said...

Thank you sister:) I'm from Miami, living in Los Angeles, and my parents are French and Algerian.
Glad you like the blog:)